Deboning a Whole Chicken

Executive summary:

Look.


I deboned a whole chicken.


End of post. Move along, nothing to see here.

-----------------------------------------------------

Now for any among the 5 readers of this site who demand details ....

I do not do things for the sake of it.  For a half-dead, I do not have time to waste. My existence in this world is limited, o I do not relish playing a meaningless narcissistic role such as posting pictures of myself or my overseas holidays.


"But you blog! A whole site dedicated to yourself. Aren't you the biggest narcissist? You are being a hypocrite by criticising the Facebook princesses."


Absolute nonsense. Every blog post is an encapsulation of my learning or experiment. Be it a mistake, an observation, a skill learnt, a trial, a failure or success, it will be accounted meticulously with alacrity. Often, I include ambivalent events, leaving even room for my fatuous musings. It wasn't meant to confuse, though it often did, as I notice some of the posts being circulating around as if those are worth a hoot. Singaporeans in Australia moving back to Singapore in doves due to LKY's passing, anyone? You'll be surprised how many believed that fallacious April Fool's joke. Anyway, while many of my posts depicts an iconoclast's rants devoid of intelligence, they hold the wisdom of my mistakes. 


So what's the wisdom behind my motive to debone carcass of the poor chicken that landed on my kitchen? Well, I'm an advocate of home cooking. I think feeding oneself should be a task never to be outsourced, with few exceptions now and then. On the flip side, I do not believe we should be spending too much time devoted to cooking. Recent experiments with passive cooking convinced me delicious meals can be done at low cost and little time involved. Quick meals such as fried rice or noodles can be done with only a fraction of time taken to get down there to buy a meal from a hawker, debunking the myth that outsourced meals are cheaper and faster. 


With the future solar energy I can tap on, it'll bring down cost further by using electricity to cook. So instead of the usual stewing or stir frying of my chicken on a gas stove, I wanted to try baking a whole chicken boneless, without chopping them into pieces. Since I have removed every single bone, I have enough to make soup or stock. It doesn't make me rich but I don't see why I should waste throw the money into the bin. Did I take a long time to debone the chicken? Longer than I prefer but it can be reduced to mere minutes with practice. The juices that run from the chicken during baking will help make a great sauce. I can work on that for tonight's dinner. That'll feed 3 adults, 2 kids under $10.00.


Edit: didn't turn out too badly



No comments:

Post a Comment